May 6, 2020
Dear LFBC Family and friends,
“When the Lord brought back the captive ones of Zion, we were like those who dream. then our mouth was filled with laughter and our tongue with joyful shouting” – Psalm 126:1-2
While we may not be coming out of captivity in Egypt I know that coming together to worship will fill the room with laughter and joy – even perhaps, shouting. The day is coming soon when we will be able to gather for worship and not be in our cars to do it. Here is what we believe the next few weeks will hold.
Sunday, May 10 – Parking Lot Service and Praise and Facebook Livestream - 10:15am
Sunday, May 17 - Parking Lot Service and Praise and Facebook Livestream - 10:15am
Sunday, May 24 – On-site worship in the sanctuary resumes, 10:15am
On Monday, May 4, Arkansas’ governor gave several recommended guidelines for churches to resume meeting. Below are the some of the more relevant points…
- If you have had a recent fever, symptoms of COVID or had contact with a positive patient please do not attend
- 6-foot physical distancing except for family groups
- face coverings worn at all times inside for anyone over 10 years old, worship leaders are not required to wear them while leading from the platform (with 12 feet of distance to congregation)
- numerous hand sanitizing stations available
- No childcare/nursery, no physical contact, no passing the offering plate
After praying and thinking through a great many things and seeking to be wise and faithful under the leadership of our Lord, LFBC staff and deacons met and believe that we can resume worship services in the sanctuary on Sunday morning, May 24.
All who attend services please follow these guidelines….
1. Face coverings worn at all times, inside, for anyone over 10 years old. The church will be able to provide a limited number of cloth masks for those who don’t have them. If you have access to your own face covering please bring it with you.
2. Seating in the sanctuary will be spread out to accommodate physical distancing
3. To lessen crowding in the entryways we ask that…
…if you park on the gravel lot, please enter the building through the lake side doors
…if you park on the asphalt, please enter through main front doors
4. Please maintain physical distancing while present, refrain from physical contact (sorry, no hugs)
In addition, the following precautions will be in place
1. No coffee/donuts and water fountains will be turned off
2. No childcare or nursery will be able to be provided
3. No bulletins will be printed (email bulletins are provided if we have your email)
4. Offering plates will not be passed, but tithes can be dropped in a basket at the doors
5. Hand sanitizing stations will be available at entry points
6. All surfaces that could be touched, from door handles to light switches, bathroom fixtures, etc., will be disinfected before every service (we are also doing a thorough deep cleaning of the building before we resume)
7. There will continue to be no Sunday School, Sunday PM or Wednesday PM activities until further notice.
Please know that if you are concerned about your young children being a distraction – don’t be. Children are always welcome and their occasional activity or noises are a sign of life, not a distraction. In addition, we do have a “Mommy and Me” room that has the sound from the sanctuary piped in so that you can take care of your baby and still hear the service.
Also, the live stream of the Sunday service will continue to be available on Facebook and our website.
Online content will continue to be provided even as we take small steps toward normal scheduling. The online schedule continues, in addition to the Sunday morning service, as it has been for several weeks. The online content is available on London First Baptist’s Facebook page as well as our Youtube channel.
1. Monday night worship with Brady and Emily, requests taken, 6pm
2. Tuesday night children’s Bible study with Brady and Emily, 6pm
3. Wednesday evening Bible study with Brett, 6:30pm
4. Pre-school story time with Dania, Fridays
5. Alan continues multiple livestreams on Instagram live, for students
Continued updates on all this and more can be accessed through our website, www.fbclondon.com as well as our Facebook page. I want to close by thanking you for your prayers, words of encouragement to our staff and your continued support and love for one another.
There are also least four options to enable continued tithing.
1) Drop your tithe by the office, in person
2) Write a check mail it to FBC, 17 Southern Baptist Rd, London, AR 72847
3) Give online. To give online simply…
- go to www.fbclondon.com
- click on the “online giving” button
- follow the directions to set up the giving option. If you experience any problems please contact Brady at email@example.com
4) you can also contact your bank and schedule automatic payments to FBC much as you may do for paying other bills.
Together For Christ,